Work With Us
For general employment queries, please email our head office. Unfortunately TBC only engages interns and volunteers in the context of a formal agreement with an institution.
Current Opportunity: Consultant/ Researcher for a Market Analysis of Rural Livelihoods in Kayah State (Urgently Required)
TBC is seeking a researcher familiar with Myanmar’s political economy and conflict dynamics to conduct a market analysis of rural livelihoods in Kayah State. TBC's CSO partners will conduct livelihood surveys at the community and township level which needs to be supplemented with desktop research to monitor trends, linkages and obstacles at the state and national level. This desktop research should include summarising economic surveys, market trends and value chains in a manner which is relevant for CSOs and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) led by women from local communities.
- Collect, collate and synthesis issues and trends from reports, assessments, plans and articles relating to key economic sectors for the livelihoods of rural communities in Kayah State.
- Consult with the GAP project’s partners to identify local products and services and then assess the constraints and opportunities for community-based and female-led SMEs to add value and link into national and/or regional markets.
A 30-50 page report identifying trends in key economic sectors as well as constraints and opportunities for SMEs from local communities in Kayah State. The report will be required in English and preferably also in Myanmar language. Key contents for the report are described in the scope of work above and include:
Introduction and Contextual analysis (15%)
Market analysis, including value chain assessments, for key sectors (35%)
Constraints and opportunities for SMEs (35%)
Executive Summary ad Recommendations (15%)
Interested researchers are requested to email an application to email@example.com by 5.00 pm on 30th September 2018. Applications should include:
- A cover letter specifying relevant skills, experience and networks
- A draft workplan and budget
- A resume inclusive of contact details for two referees
- Links to, or copies of, at least two examples of your market research and writing skills
A job description is available here.
Required information should be submitted in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.